The best basketball shoes for wide feet are difficult to choose, especially because they involve a lot of science.
When I tagged along with my friends to purchase basketball shoes, I could already tell it would be a full day of walking around. My friend would always complain about the comfort of most basketball shoes, as they are too small for her feet.
Most manufacturers do not consider customers with wider feet and a bigger arch. Unfortunately, many wide-footers like my friend have limited choices. We can only imagine the heartbreak when they order the best outdoor basketball shoes only to discover they do not fit.
As the online shopping craze is taking over and physical shops are dying down, individuals with wide feet do not have the opportunity to step into the stores. It makes it more difficult to try on the shoes to find the best fit.
Do not fret because we have your back! Out of the thousand sneakers, below are some of the best shoes for wide-footers today. They will ensure an outclass performance on the court. Let’s check them out together!
Table of Contents
Quick Guide To Choosing The Best Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet
There are many things to consider when buying the best basketball shoes for wide feet. Instead of my friend, I brought my professional team to test several basketball shoes. We examine key factors such as price, longevity, cushion, traction, toe box, etc. We finalized our options and filtered them down into 10 pairs.
However, before revealing them, you should know more about things to consider when buying your perfect pairs.
The right shoe size
This is a no-brainer. As with any other shoes, you have to find the right size.
Whether you are searching for basketball shoes for beginners or experts, the correct shoe size matters greatly. When the feet are wide, the wrong shoe size squeezes the thumb. Moreover, the feet feel restricted, which adversely impacts movement. Therefore, look for the thumb spacing and inquire about the top box.
The shoes must have an extended box so the toes rest easily. A restricted sneakers tip creates issues for the fingers. Nails will grow internally and improperly. You will complain of an aching foot because the breathability is limited.
Secondly, thumb spacing means the distance of a finger at the heel. When you stand and walk in the new sneakers, they must feel smooth. If they are comfortable and do not ache, purchase the pair.
You must also study the cushion. This feature ensures an easy transition, enabling more foot comfort from toe to heel. However, there are many variations of cushions in basketball use. Each type impacts the function of the shoes. Therefore, you can ask the manufacturer for more details if you have wide feet.
The players will slip instantly if the shoes do not have traction. Therefore, traction is essential to stay active on the court. Undoubtedly, basketball is intense. The players are stepping sideways in every direction. Any miscalculated move, slips, and slides will harm their performance.
Excellent grip is essential, too. It will keep the performance above par with excellent footing. You will make fast turns, cuts, and tops. The fear of being injured or falling is eliminated.
Pick an excellent upper material
The best part of any shoe is the upper material that protects the feet from toe to ankle. When finding the best fit, ensure the shoes’ material is strong and supportive. It will balance the feet and prevent them from sliding sideways internally. The movements are stabilized to avoid injuries.
The weight of the shoes is crucial. The shoes that weigh less promote agility. The players can move quickly. On the other hand, heavier shoes are essential for stability. When picking the right one, you must inquire about the weight and subsequent effect on the performance. Do you wish to have more agility or stability?
(Read more about the best basketball shoes for the general public.)
Best Overall Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet
Nike Men’s Lebron 19
Nike Men’s Lebron 19 Basketball shoes are an excellent recommendation to start the list. It is a sleek footwear that offers excellent support for basketball lovers. It comes in black and metallic accents that showcase the wide feet beautifully. Furthermore, the high instep also ensures comfort.
- Firstly, the Lebron 19 has the latest Nike technology focusing on comfort.
- Take advantage of the Zoom Air unit at the front and the Max Air unit at the heel.
- These are the best basketball shoes for wide feet for seasonal, dedicated, and new sports lovers.
- The fun shoe shape adds variety to the closet with colorful options.
Price: $129 – $169.97
Size: 4.5 – 14
Adidas Men Own the Game
Well, the name itself has already offended many. Putting aside the political innuendo, however, it truly has what it needs to be the best basketball shoes for wide feet.
First off, it has ample space for extended toes. They are perfect for beginners and seasoned players who wish to dominate the court, as they have some of the best comforts.
The shoe will keep the movement fresh, so run through the baseline expertly. Lastly, the shoe is manufactured with recycled plastic with minimum waste.
- The Adidas Men Own the Game Basketball Shoe has a high-top design.
- The shoe features ankle support so you can play for a long time.
- The sneakers are also available in kid’s sizes to encourage young minds to participate in sports.
- Adidas Men Own the Game Basketball Shoe is available in three colors at discounted rates.
Price: $60 – $75 with 20% and 30% discounts
Size: 6.5 – 15
Best Budget Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet
Nike Zoom Freak 4
Nike Zoom Freak 4 is affordable and excellent for everyday use. Moreover, it has incredible cushion, which is hard to find in a relatively affordable shoe.
Your wide feet will breathe with its extended base.
- The Nike Zoom Freak 4 is made up of three layers of material. It ensures durability.
- The shoe has a multidirectional traction pattern to guarantee grip on the court.
- Celebrate an excellent transition from head to toe. It has paddings and lace locks.
Price: $97.97 after a 24% discount on the Nike store.
Size: 3.5 – 18.
PEAK High Top Lou Williams
Another budget-friendly mention in the list is Lou Williams by PEAK.
It offers elongated comfort to the wear. The shoes are manufactured with top-quality, synthetic leather. It has tensile strength and other features which make it an excellent option for wide feet.
Lou Williams basketball shoes have an updated formula, which makes them ideal for plastic and cement services.
- The shoes are made of ethylene-vinyl acetate shole.
- The PEAK Lou Williams shoes have been gesticulated to reduce foot pain.
- The outsole is manufactured with long-lasting and solid materials.
- In addition, its top-quality, non-eroding performance pleases the customers.
Price: $69.99 at the Amazon store
Size: 7 – 14
Best Outdoor Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet
Nike Air Jordan 3 Retro
Individuals who have purchased the Nike Air Jordan 3 Retro pair rave about its comfortability and arch support. It is a classic sneaker that appeals to the general demographic.
- The Nike Air Jordan 3 has a black, iris, and cement combination.
- Among the vibrant colors, the earthy tones stand out on the court.
- The pair has a Desert Elephant texture on the upper part for additional style.
- In addition, these best basketball shoes for wide feet are made of synthetic material with a long-lasting rubber sole.
Price: $305 – $350.
Size: 7.5 – 14 sizes.
UA Lockdown 6
How about a color option to liven up the closet? Have you heard of the UA Lockdown 6?
It is a preferred pair of basketball shoes for someone with wide feet. Its design is very convenient. You will not complain of discomfort even if you wear It all day.
- These are the best basketball shoes for wide feet that combine comfort and support without compromising on the fit.
- The shoes are excellent for wide feet with an innovative wide support.
- Thirdly, Lockdown 6 has excellent traction to make quick turns and stops.
Sizes: 7 – 17.5 (women sizes), 7 – 16 (men sizes)
Best Men’s Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet
Jordan Why Not Zer0.3
The Jordan Why Not Zer0.3 is ideal for wide-feet individuals. They were created by Russell Westbrook, who is an NBA superstar.
The pair exude finesse and mobility. Moreover, the Jordan Why Not Zer0.3 is a testament to the manufacturer’s dedication to increasing performance.
The shoe offers the latest technology for quick movements without complications.
- The shoe represents Russell Westbrook’s footwear on the court. It is a signature style that sports lovers appreciate.
- These best basketball shoes for wide feet are true to the size. You do not need to go half a size or full size up.
- The buyer enjoys the midfoot strap for excellent grip.
- TPU Heel counter and shank plate add traction for quick feet movement.
Size: 5.5 and up
New Balance Fresh Foam 1080 Wide
The New Balance brand has never compromised on comfortability, definitely not on their Fresh Foam 1080 Wide. It is for people who prefer cushioning more than anything else. They are lightweight and keep the players grounded, and they will not wear out quickly because of intense exercises or movements.
- The complete synthetic material adds to the shoes’ lightweight.
- The design has an ultra-heel feature that supports the back of the foot. It improves the grip.
- The Ortho Lite sock liner focuses on comfortability.
- The mesh upper with synthetic properties keeps the shoe breathable.
Price: $99 – $139
Size: 7 – 16 sizes
Best Women’s Basketball Shoes For Wide Feet
Adidas Hoop 3.0
Even though the Adidas Hoop 3.0 exterior may not be something out of the world, its performance will surely surprise you. They are ideal for new and occasional players.
I have let my friend try the shoes before, and she said to me that her feet feel like they are walking on air. There is no pain, aches, or discomfort!
- The Adidas Hoop 3.0 showcases the brand’s long history with sports.
- The material on top of the is synthetic, but the sole is made of rubber.
- Has a medium width with a matching heel type.
- Shows the dedication to science and research in sports shoes.
- It will quickly become a part of your regular life because of its simplicity.
Size: 4 – 14
Puma Clyde Sneaker
While perfect for wide feet, the Puma Clyde is also a shoe with a bold fashion statement. The shoe will not compromise the performance on the court.
Moreover, the Clyde has sufficient room for the wide feet to feel comfortable. The heel and midfoot have sufficient width to balance the foot support. Waly Clyde Frazier, an NBA legend, inspires Clyde
- The Puma Clyde Sneakers are made from a hundred percent synthetic leather.
- They have an imported rubber sole for additional comfort and stability.
- The low-top design supports the arch through different exercises, thereby making it more apt for wide-footers.
- The shoe is a commitment to reduce waste on the planet for a sustainable future.
Size: 4.5 – 13
When you know the secrets and techniques, buying the best basketball for wide feet is not difficult. The elements mentioned at the start of the discussion will help you make an informed buying decision.
Another helpful tip is prioritizing comfort and performance equally. The right pairs can make a worldly difference in the performance of beginners or occasional players.
Ensure the pairs have a stretchable material to accommodate the wide feet. The midsole must be soft to offer sufficient support.
And if you have a friend like mine, and they ask you to accompany them to purchase their basketball ball shoes, share this article with them. Who knows? Maybe you can avoid the fate of walking around the shopping mall looking for the right pair all day and to no avail.